Santa Caterina church
The small church of Santa Caterina d’Alessandria was first mentioned in 1347 and consecrated in 1452. It is Corvara’s first church. A Late Gothic building, it is home to some beautiful works of art. Some frescoes depict, among other figures, Saint Catherine, while a cabinet altar from 1520 graces the navy and is the only of its kind still well-preserved enough in all Val Badia’s churches. Legend has it that the paintings on the cabinet’s doors are the work of none other than Tiziano, who briefly lived in Corvara. It may seem unlikely, but do not dash our hopes. Even if that were not true, this church is still beautiful, and simply looking at it from our windows is more than enough.